This project is one that I have been working on for a long time. I started working on it as an exploration project, where I set out to design a mobile device that makes improvements that genuinely benefit the user. It has been an iterative process and throughout the project I have learnt different new skills. These new skills include different CAD packages such as starting out with Autodesk Fusion 360 and moving to Autodesk Inventor and finally completing the project using Rhinoceros 3D. Various prototyping methods were also employed such as foam models, simple FDM 3D prints and more complicated and dimensionally accurate SLA prints. 

Various prototypes from the design process. 

Design sketch from October 2018 - shows development of the new two-tone design.

Photo shows the various prototypes created to test for size and two variations of the two-tone design.

Photos showing more development of the new two-tone design.

Photo shows exploration of various CMF design options.

Back to Top